RE: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction

  • Catherine E. Dean
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
      Not true! :) Several years back (Summer 2000, I believe), I entered a dance
      reconstruction into kingdom trilevels. For the life of me I can't remember
      which category I entered in--probably Dance Performance--but perhaps someone
      on the kingdom level has records (mine are all boxed up in storage while I job
      hunt). I do remember, however, that whatever category I did use the judges
      were quite willing to be flexible in the judging criteria. Good luck (and
      what dance are you entering?).

      Katherine Mercer
      ex-patriot Calontiri

      >Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll
      just have to

      >make up the criteria for it. :)
      >

      >Conrad
      >
      >General questions if anyone knows:
      >
      >Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original
      choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is
      reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what
      category would you place it under?

      >Thank you,
      >
      >Seonaid

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Catherine E. Dean
      cdean@...
      Jane Austen Aficionado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
      No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    • Mableth (Breichiol map LLudd o Fannauc)
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
        Just be aware that you can easily end up knowing way more about the
        subject than those judging your contest entry. If you would rather
        receive useful feedback instead of local recognition, why not put a
        notice out on the SCA dance list, or the REN dance list? If you offer
        to email the choreography I bet you could get some very informed
        commentary back.
      • Ben Kaiser
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2003
          If it's the one I danced in with you, then it was, in fact performance.

          --Renko

          Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@..., No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag