RE: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
      No I would pretty much request (demand!?) a reconstruction category.
      Its just not likely to happen until someone does one.

      I suppose if you limited to a list you could use Misc Arts then list
      Dance Reconstruction as a sub category.

      Conrad

      So it would be entered under miscellaneous arts?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
        Not true! :) Several years back (Summer 2000, I believe), I entered a dance
        reconstruction into kingdom trilevels. For the life of me I can't remember
        which category I entered in--probably Dance Performance--but perhaps someone
        on the kingdom level has records (mine are all boxed up in storage while I job
        hunt). I do remember, however, that whatever category I did use the judges
        were quite willing to be flexible in the judging criteria. Good luck (and
        what dance are you entering?).

        Katherine Mercer
        ex-patriot Calontiri

        >Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll
        just have to

        >make up the criteria for it. :)
        >

        >Conrad
        >
        >General questions if anyone knows:
        >
        >Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original
        choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is
        reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what
        category would you place it under?

        >Thank you,
        >
        >Seonaid

        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        Catherine E. Dean
        cdean@...
        Jane Austen Aficionado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
        No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA
        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      • Mableth (Breichiol map LLudd o Fannauc)
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
          Just be aware that you can easily end up knowing way more about the
          subject than those judging your contest entry. If you would rather
          receive useful feedback instead of local recognition, why not put a
          notice out on the SCA dance list, or the REN dance list? If you offer
          to email the choreography I bet you could get some very informed
          commentary back.
        • Ben Kaiser
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2003
            If it's the one I danced in with you, then it was, in fact performance.

            --Renko

            Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@..., No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag