Re: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
      Re: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction I can't find the link now, but I think there's kingdom criteria for translation or something like that. And what about cooking redactions? This is sort of similar, isn't it? So I would bet that the point structure would need to follow those, if you're interested in looking at the point assignment.

      What a cool idea for an A&S project!

      Conna

      From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
      Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:48 -0500
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction

      Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll just have to
      make up the criteria for it. :)

      Conrad

      General questions if anyone knows:

      Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what category would you place it under?

      Thank you,

      Seonaid

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
        No I would pretty much request (demand!?) a reconstruction category.
        Its just not likely to happen until someone does one.

        I suppose if you limited to a list you could use Misc Arts then list
        Dance Reconstruction as a sub category.

        Conrad

        So it would be entered under miscellaneous arts?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
          Not true! :) Several years back (Summer 2000, I believe), I entered a dance
          reconstruction into kingdom trilevels. For the life of me I can't remember
          which category I entered in--probably Dance Performance--but perhaps someone
          on the kingdom level has records (mine are all boxed up in storage while I job
          hunt). I do remember, however, that whatever category I did use the judges
          were quite willing to be flexible in the judging criteria. Good luck (and
          what dance are you entering?).

          Katherine Mercer
          ex-patriot Calontiri

          >Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll
          just have to

          >make up the criteria for it. :)
          >

          >Conrad
          >
          >General questions if anyone knows:
          >
          >Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original
          choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is
          reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what
          category would you place it under?

          >Thank you,
          >
          >Seonaid

          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
          Catherine E. Dean
          cdean@...
          Jane Austen Aficionado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
          No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA
          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        • Mableth (Breichiol map LLudd o Fannauc)
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
            Just be aware that you can easily end up knowing way more about the
            subject than those judging your contest entry. If you would rather
            receive useful feedback instead of local recognition, why not put a
            notice out on the SCA dance list, or the REN dance list? If you offer
            to email the choreography I bet you could get some very informed
            commentary back.
          • Ben Kaiser
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2003
              If it's the one I danced in with you, then it was, in fact performance.

              --Renko

              Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@..., No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag