RE: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
      Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll just have to
      make up the criteria for it. :)

      Conrad

      General questions if anyone knows:

      Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what category would you place it under?

      Thank you,

      Seonaid

    • Stewart, Sara
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003

        So it would be entered under miscellaneous arts?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
          Re: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction I can't find the link now, but I think there's kingdom criteria for translation or something like that. And what about cooking redactions? This is sort of similar, isn't it? So I would bet that the point structure would need to follow those, if you're interested in looking at the point assignment.

          What a cool idea for an A&S project!

          Conna

          From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
          Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:48 -0500
          To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

          Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll just have to
          make up the criteria for it. :)

          Conrad

          General questions if anyone knows:

          Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what category would you place it under?

          Thank you,

          Seonaid

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 10, 2003
            No I would pretty much request (demand!?) a reconstruction category.
            Its just not likely to happen until someone does one.

            I suppose if you limited to a list you could use Misc Arts then list
            Dance Reconstruction as a sub category.

            Conrad

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
              Not true! :) Several years back (Summer 2000, I believe), I entered a dance
              reconstruction into kingdom trilevels. For the life of me I can't remember
              which category I entered in--probably Dance Performance--but perhaps someone
              on the kingdom level has records (mine are all boxed up in storage while I job
              hunt). I do remember, however, that whatever category I did use the judges
              were quite willing to be flexible in the judging criteria. Good luck (and
              what dance are you entering?).

              Katherine Mercer
              ex-patriot Calontiri

              >Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll
              just have to

              >make up the criteria for it. :)
              >

              >Conrad
              >
              >General questions if anyone knows:
              >
              >Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original
              choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is
              reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what
              category would you place it under?

              >Thank you,
              >
              >Seonaid

              <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
              Catherine E. Dean
              cdean@...
              Jane Austen Aficionado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
              No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA
              <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
            • Mableth (Breichiol map LLudd o Fannauc)
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
                Just be aware that you can easily end up knowing way more about the
                subject than those judging your contest entry. If you would rather
                receive useful feedback instead of local recognition, why not put a
                notice out on the SCA dance list, or the REN dance list? If you offer
                to email the choreography I bet you could get some very informed
                commentary back.
              • Ben Kaiser
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 2003
                  If it's the one I danced in with you, then it was, in fact performance.

                  --Renko

                  Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@..., No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag