dance reconstuction

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10 7:59 AM

      General questions if anyone knows:

      Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what category would you place it under?

      Thank you,

      Seonaid

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10 8:12 AM

          So it would be entered under miscellaneous arts?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 10 8:14 AM
            Re: [CalontirDance] dance reconstuction I can't find the link now, but I think there's kingdom criteria for translation or something like that. And what about cooking redactions? This is sort of similar, isn't it? So I would bet that the point structure would need to follow those, if you're interested in looking at the point assignment.

            What a cool idea for an A&S project!

            Conna

            From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
            Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:48 -0500
            To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

            Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll just have to
            make up the criteria for it. :)

            Conrad

            General questions if anyone knows:

            Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what category would you place it under?

            Thank you,

            Seonaid

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10 8:21 AM
              No I would pretty much request (demand!?) a reconstruction category.
              Its just not likely to happen until someone does one.

              I suppose if you limited to a list you could use Misc Arts then list
              Dance Reconstruction as a sub category.

              Conrad

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12 6:51 AM
                Not true! :) Several years back (Summer 2000, I believe), I entered a dance
                reconstruction into kingdom trilevels. For the life of me I can't remember
                which category I entered in--probably Dance Performance--but perhaps someone
                on the kingdom level has records (mine are all boxed up in storage while I job
                hunt). I do remember, however, that whatever category I did use the judges
                were quite willing to be flexible in the judging criteria. Good luck (and
                what dance are you entering?).

                Katherine Mercer
                ex-patriot Calontiri

                >Probably because no one ever entered one before. If one gets entered we'll
                just have to

                >make up the criteria for it. :)
                >

                >Conrad
                >
                >General questions if anyone knows:
                >
                >Ther is no A and S criteria for dance reconstruction. There is original
                choreography and dance performance, but reconstruction falls between these. Is
                reconstruction not enterable in an A&S competition then, and if it is, what
                category would you place it under?

                >Thank you,
                >
                >Seonaid

                <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                Catherine E. Dean
                cdean@...
                Jane Austen Aficionado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
                No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA
                <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
              • Mableth (Breichiol map LLudd o Fannauc)
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 12 8:16 PM
                  Just be aware that you can easily end up knowing way more about the
                  subject than those judging your contest entry. If you would rather
                  receive useful feedback instead of local recognition, why not put a
                  notice out on the SCA dance list, or the REN dance list? If you offer
                  to email the choreography I bet you could get some very informed
                  commentary back.
                • Ben Kaiser
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 16 12:08 PM
                    If it's the one I danced in with you, then it was, in fact performance.

                    --Renko

                    Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@..., No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag