RE: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19 12:27 PM
      51513

      Conrad

      Tsire,

      2.2 Basso Lauro

      Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
      music for Casuelle)?

      4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

      Rv Br
      SS DDDDD RRR Br
      SS D SS RRR Br
      SS DDDDD RRR Br
      SS D SS RRR Br
      SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
      has the music I'm looking at.

      Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
      "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
      the triplets will scare musicians)

      Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
      correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
      music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
      can take out extra notes

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 20 9:57 AM
        Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
        steps layout follow each dance:

        2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
        what we'll do. :)

        Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
        Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
        Reprise R; Continenze L&R
        [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
        [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
        Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
        Volta Tonda; Reverance L

        Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
        that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
        (expert extraordinaire that you are)

        Casuelle Novelle
        (Couples in a line)
        Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
        Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
        3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
        Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
        3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
        Repeat Part A