Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2003
      Tsire,

      2.2 Basso Lauro

      Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
      music for Casuelle)?

      4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

      Rv Br
      SS DDDDD RRR Br
      SS D SS RRR Br
      SS DDDDD RRR Br
      SS D SS RRR Br
      SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
      has the music I'm looking at.

      Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
      "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
      the triplets will scare musicians)

      Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
      correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
      music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
      can take out extra notes

      http://search.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 20, 2003
          Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
          steps layout follow each dance:

          2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
          what we'll do. :)

          Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
          Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
          Reprise R; Continenze L&R
          [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
          [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
          Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
          Volta Tonda; Reverance L

          Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
          that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
          (expert extraordinaire that you are)

          Casuelle Novelle
          (Couples in a line)
          Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
          Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
          3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
          Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
          3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
          Repeat Part A