Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11 6:25 AM
      Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
      it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

      Thanks for the clarification.

      Conna

      > From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
      > Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:04:07 -0500
      > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List
      >
      > Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
      > going to jump in and answer.
      > Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
      > Thanks,
      > Seonaid

    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19 1:31 AM
        Tsire,

        2.2 Basso Lauro

        Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
        music for Casuelle)?

        4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

        Rv Br
        SS DDDDD RRR Br
        SS D SS RRR Br
        SS DDDDD RRR Br
        SS D SS RRR Br
        SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
        has the music I'm looking at.

        Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
        "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
        the triplets will scare musicians)

        Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
        correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
        music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
        can take out extra notes

        http://search.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 20 9:57 AM
            Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
            steps layout follow each dance:

            2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
            what we'll do. :)

            Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
            Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
            Reprise R; Continenze L&R
            [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
            [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
            Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
            Volta Tonda; Reverance L

            Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
            that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
            (expert extraordinaire that you are)

            Casuelle Novelle
            (Couples in a line)
            Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
            Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
            3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
            Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
            3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
            Repeat Part A