RE: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
      Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
      going to jump in and answer.
      Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
      Thanks,
      Seonaid

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
        Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
        it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

        Thanks for the clarification.

        Conna

        > From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
        > Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:04:07 -0500
        > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List
        >
        > Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
        > going to jump in and answer.
        > Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
        > Thanks,
        > Seonaid

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2003
          Tsire,

          2.2 Basso Lauro

          Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
          music for Casuelle)?

          4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

          Rv Br
          SS DDDDD RRR Br
          SS D SS RRR Br
          SS DDDDD RRR Br
          SS D SS RRR Br
          SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
          has the music I'm looking at.

          Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
          "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
          the triplets will scare musicians)

          Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
          correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
          music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
          can take out extra notes

          http://search.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 20, 2003
              Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
              steps layout follow each dance:

              2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
              what we'll do. :)

              Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
              Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
              Reprise R; Continenze L&R
              [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
              [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
              Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
              Volta Tonda; Reverance L

              Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
              that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
              (expert extraordinaire that you are)

              Casuelle Novelle
              (Couples in a line)
              Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
              Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
              3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
              Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
              3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
              Repeat Part A