Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10, 2003
      Tsire,

      Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
      the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
      Ball?

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • Stewart, Sara
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
        Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
        going to jump in and answer.
        Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
        Thanks,
        Seonaid

        Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
        the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
        Ball?

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
          Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
          it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

          Thanks for the clarification.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19, 2003
            Tsire,

            2.2 Basso Lauro

            Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
            music for Casuelle)?

            4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

            Rv Br
            SS DDDDD RRR Br
            SS D SS RRR Br
            SS DDDDD RRR Br
            SS D SS RRR Br
            SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

            http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
            has the music I'm looking at.

            Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
            "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
            the triplets will scare musicians)

            Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
            correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
            music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
            can take out extra notes

            http://search.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 20, 2003
                Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
                steps layout follow each dance:

                2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
                what we'll do. :)

                Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
                Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
                Reprise R; Continenze L&R
                [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
                [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
                Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
                Volta Tonda; Reverance L

                Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
                that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
                (expert extraordinaire that you are)

                Casuelle Novelle
                (Couples in a line)
                Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
                Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
                3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
                Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
                3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
                Repeat Part A