Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
      Thank you for the glorious questions - - I will do some music review and
      follow up to the list next week. Also - -Musicians - -Katrianna has
      valliantly offered to be the musician's coordinator this year. She will be
      your contact for ball music and suchlike as soon as all of the repeat and
      version bits are confirmed. Thanks again.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
        Woohoo!!! Bring it on. We're ready to start practicing.

        Thanks for the list and info, Tsire.

        Conna

        > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
        > Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:28:05 -0600
        > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List
        >
        > Thank you for the glorious questions - - I will do some music review and
        > follow up to the list next week. Also - -Musicians - -Katrianna has
        > valliantly offered to be the musician's coordinator this year. She will be
        > your contact for ball music and suchlike as soon as all of the repeat and
        > version bits are confirmed. Thanks again.

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 10 7:43 PM
          Tsire,

          Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
          the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
          Ball?

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • Stewart, Sara
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11 6:04 AM
            Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
            going to jump in and answer.
            Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
            Thanks,
            Seonaid

            Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
            the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
            Ball?

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11 6:25 AM
              Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
              it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

              Thanks for the clarification.

              Conna

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19 1:31 AM
                Tsire,

                2.2 Basso Lauro

                Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
                music for Casuelle)?

                4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

                Rv Br
                SS DDDDD RRR Br
                SS D SS RRR Br
                SS DDDDD RRR Br
                SS D SS RRR Br
                SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

                http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
                has the music I'm looking at.

                Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
                "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
                the triplets will scare musicians)

                Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
                correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
                music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
                can take out extra notes

                http://search.yahoo.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 20 9:57 AM
                    Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
                    steps layout follow each dance:

                    2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
                    what we'll do. :)

                    Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
                    Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
                    Reprise R; Continenze L&R
                    [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
                    [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
                    Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
                    Volta Tonda; Reverance L

                    Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
                    that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
                    (expert extraordinaire that you are)

                    Casuelle Novelle
                    (Couples in a line)
                    Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
                    Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
                    3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
                    Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
                    3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
                    Repeat Part A