Re: [CalontirDance] Lillies Ball Set List

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
      > Set 1
      > 1.1 Gathering Peascods
      > 1.2 Anello
      > 1.3 Rufty Tufty
      > 1.4 Hearts Ease
      > 1.5 Contrapasso
      I have music for Contrapasso Nuovo from Il Ballarino
      and Contrapasso in Duo from Noblita. Which one is
      this, or if a different version, what is the origin,
      or who choreographed it?

      > 1.6 Official Bransle
      Repeating chorus?

      > Set 2
      > 2.1 Jenny Pluck Pears
      > 2.2 Basso Lauro
      I have two tunes for Casuelle Nouvelle, one of which
      says it can be used for Lauro. Do you have a tune you
      like particularly?

      > 2.3 Bizzaria D'Amore
      > 2.4 Quen Quer Que
      > 2.5 Black Alman
      > 2.6 Korrobushka
      >
      > Set 3
      > 3.1 Petit Riense
      > 3.2 Maanshaft Pavanne
      > 3.3 Picking of Sticks
      Again, any tunes you prefer? The Sharp arrangement
      uses Lavena & Kitty McGee, most SCA arrangements use
      Lavena & Picking Up Sticks. I've a fondness for
      Lavena & Half Hannigan :-)

      > 3.4 Rosti Boli Goioso
      > 3.5 Gelosia
      > 3.6 Heralds in Love
      >
      > Set 4
      > 4.1 Grimstock
      > 4.2 Amoroso
      > 4.3 Caselle Nouvelle
      I have two tunes for Casuelle Nouvelle. Do you have a
      tune you like particularly?

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
        Thank you for the glorious questions - - I will do some music review and
        follow up to the list next week. Also - -Musicians - -Katrianna has
        valliantly offered to be the musician's coordinator this year. She will be
        your contact for ball music and suchlike as soon as all of the repeat and
        version bits are confirmed. Thanks again.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
          Woohoo!!! Bring it on. We're ready to start practicing.

          Thanks for the list and info, Tsire.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 10 7:43 PM
            Tsire,

            Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
            the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
            Ball?

            http://tax.yahoo.com
          • Stewart, Sara
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11 6:04 AM
              Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
              going to jump in and answer.
              Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
              Thanks,
              Seonaid

              Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
              the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
              Ball?

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11 6:25 AM
                Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
                it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

                Thanks for the clarification.

                Conna

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 19 1:31 AM
                  Tsire,

                  2.2 Basso Lauro

                  Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
                  music for Casuelle)?

                  4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

                  Rv Br
                  SS DDDDD RRR Br
                  SS D SS RRR Br
                  SS DDDDD RRR Br
                  SS D SS RRR Br
                  SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

                  http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
                  has the music I'm looking at.

                  Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
                  "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
                  the triplets will scare musicians)

                  Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
                  correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
                  music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
                  can take out extra notes

                  http://search.yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20 9:57 AM
                      Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
                      steps layout follow each dance:

                      2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
                      what we'll do. :)

                      Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
                      Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
                      Reprise R; Continenze L&R
                      [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
                      [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
                      Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
                      Volta Tonda; Reverance L

                      Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
                      that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
                      (expert extraordinaire that you are)

                      Casuelle Novelle
                      (Couples in a line)
                      Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
                      Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
                      3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
                      Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
                      3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
                      Repeat Part A