Lillies Ball Set List

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
      Greetings Dancers!

      As promised here is the set list for Lillies Ball 2003.

      Set 1
      1.1 Gathering Peascods
      1.2 Anello
      1.3 Rufty Tufty
      1.4 Hearts Ease
      1.5 Contrapasso
      1.6 Official Bransle

      Set 2
      2.1 Jenny Pluck Pears
      2.2 Basso Lauro
      2.3 Bizzaria D'Amore
      2.4 Quen Quer Que
      2.5 Black Alman
      2.6 Korrobushka

      Set 3
      3.1 Petit Riense
      3.2 Maanshaft Pavanne
      3.3 Picking of Sticks
      3.4 Rosti Boli Goioso
      3.5 Gelosia
      3.6 Heralds in Love

      Set 4
      4.1 Grimstock
      4.2 Amoroso
      4.3 Caselle Nouvelle
      4.4 Belfiore
      4.5 Ly Bens Dystony
      4.6 Female Sailor

      Open Dancing

      Soon to come - - teaching holes to fill.

      Have a fantastic day.

    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
        > Set 1
        > 1.1 Gathering Peascods
        > 1.2 Anello
        > 1.3 Rufty Tufty
        > 1.4 Hearts Ease
        > 1.5 Contrapasso
        I have music for Contrapasso Nuovo from Il Ballarino
        and Contrapasso in Duo from Noblita. Which one is
        this, or if a different version, what is the origin,
        or who choreographed it?

        > 1.6 Official Bransle
        Repeating chorus?

        > Set 2
        > 2.1 Jenny Pluck Pears
        > 2.2 Basso Lauro
        I have two tunes for Casuelle Nouvelle, one of which
        says it can be used for Lauro. Do you have a tune you
        like particularly?

        > 2.3 Bizzaria D'Amore
        > 2.4 Quen Quer Que
        > 2.5 Black Alman
        > 2.6 Korrobushka
        >
        > Set 3
        > 3.1 Petit Riense
        > 3.2 Maanshaft Pavanne
        > 3.3 Picking of Sticks
        Again, any tunes you prefer? The Sharp arrangement
        uses Lavena & Kitty McGee, most SCA arrangements use
        Lavena & Picking Up Sticks. I've a fondness for
        Lavena & Half Hannigan :-)

        > 3.4 Rosti Boli Goioso
        > 3.5 Gelosia
        > 3.6 Heralds in Love
        >
        > Set 4
        > 4.1 Grimstock
        > 4.2 Amoroso
        > 4.3 Caselle Nouvelle
        I have two tunes for Casuelle Nouvelle. Do you have a
        tune you like particularly?

        http://platinum.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
          Thank you for the glorious questions - - I will do some music review and
          follow up to the list next week. Also - -Musicians - -Katrianna has
          valliantly offered to be the musician's coordinator this year. She will be
          your contact for ball music and suchlike as soon as all of the repeat and
          version bits are confirmed. Thanks again.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2003
            Woohoo!!! Bring it on. We're ready to start practicing.

            Thanks for the list and info, Tsire.

            Conna

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 10 7:43 PM
              Tsire,

              Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
              the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
              Ball?

              http://tax.yahoo.com
            • Stewart, Sara
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11 6:04 AM
                Having been the one that demanded that she put it in the ball, I am
                going to jump in and answer.
                Yes it is the one that Master Sion taught.
                Thanks,
                Seonaid

                Is the version of Contrapasso you are doing at Lilies
                the Contrapasso in Due that Sion taught at Crystal
                Ball?

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 11 6:25 AM
                  Ah ha! So YOU'RE the one. No, just kidding. I like the tune a lot (although
                  it does get old after, say, a dozen times through).

                  Thanks for the clarification.

                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 19 1:31 AM
                    Tsire,

                    2.2 Basso Lauro

                    Twice through the dance (which is one time through the
                    music for Casuelle)?

                    4.3 Casuelle la Nouvelle

                    Rv Br
                    SS DDDDD RRR Br
                    SS D SS RRR Br
                    SS DDDDD RRR Br
                    SS D SS RRR Br
                    SS DDD RRR Br **OR** SS DDDDD RRR Br ???

                    http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/sections/dances_from_france_and_burgundy.html
                    has the music I'm looking at.

                    Casuelle arranged by Ensemble Arborium is the
                    "classic", but may be harder to dance to (and I'm sure
                    the triplets will scare musicians)

                    Casuelle arranged by Monica Cellio has "the Rastall
                    correction added, which inserts an extra bar in the
                    music" but is prettier and probably easier to play. I
                    can take out extra notes

                    http://search.yahoo.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 20 9:57 AM
                        Hi again all - -in response to Katriana's latest clarification questions,
                        steps layout follow each dance:

                        2.2 Basso Lauro - -If 2x through is once through the music - -then that's
                        what we'll do. :)

                        Singles L&R; Doubles L&R; Reverance L
                        Reprises L&R; Singles L&R; Double L;
                        Reprise R; Continenze L&R
                        [R hands], Singles L&R; Double L;
                        [L hands] Singles R&L; Double R
                        Reprises L&R; Singles L&R;Doubles LR L;
                        Volta Tonda; Reverance L

                        Casuelle Nouvelle ~ I'll leave it up to you, Katriana, to choose the music
                        that you think fits our needs/ and the confort level of our musicians best.
                        (expert extraordinaire that you are)

                        Casuelle Novelle
                        (Couples in a line)
                        Introduction: Reverance; Bransle L
                        Part A: Singles L&R, 5 Doubles L R L R L
                        3 Reprises R L R; Bransle L
                        Singles L&R; Double L; Singles R&L
                        3 Reprises R L R ; Bransle L
                        Repeat Part A