RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Valdemar and Constancia
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
      for ball practice.
      Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
      I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
      war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
      taught there too.
      That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
      Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
      people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
      If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
      LOT more.

      The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
      Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
      own and keep out of the sun.
      A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
      My two cents,
      Constantia

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
        Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

        I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
        all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
        for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
        next to the other RUSH classes.

        Thanks for your responses.

        Conna

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
          Greetings Everyone

          I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
          in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
          resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
          Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
          actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

          Lilies Ball XX

          Set I
          Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
          Gathering Peascods
          Anello
          My Lady Cullen
          Official Bransle
          Black Alman

          Set II
          Heralds in Love
          Contrapasso in Due
          Petit Riens
          Ly Bens Dystonis
          Hearts Ease
          Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

          Set III
          Maanschaft Pavane
          Lorraine Alman
          Korrobushka
          Black Nag
          Gelosia
          Jenny Pluck Pears

          Set IV
          Picking of Sticks
          Amoroso
          Bransle Charlotte
          Rosti Bolli
          Casuel Nouvelle
          Bizzaria d�Amore

          ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

          providers now. https://broadband.msn.com