RE: Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Valdemar and Constancia
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

      Constantia

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Maerwynn of Holme [mailto:maerwynn@...]
      Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 2:19 PM
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

      Conna wrote:

      I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
      the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
      people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

      In a word: YES!

      The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone
      who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

      :-)

      Maerwynn

      ---
      Maerwynn of Holme
      Lonely Tower, Calontir
      Maerwynn@...
      Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...

    • Valdemar and Constancia
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
        for ball practice.
        Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
        I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
        war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
        taught there too.
        That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
        Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
        people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
        If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
        LOT more.

        The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
        Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
        own and keep out of the sun.
        A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
        My two cents,
        Constantia

        I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
        the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
        people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

        Comments, please.

        Conna

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
          Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

          I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
          all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
          for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
          next to the other RUSH classes.

          Thanks for your responses.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
            Greetings Everyone

            I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
            in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
            resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
            Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
            actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

            Lilies Ball XX

            Set I
            Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
            Gathering Peascods
            Anello
            My Lady Cullen
            Official Bransle
            Black Alman

            Set II
            Heralds in Love
            Contrapasso in Due
            Petit Riens
            Ly Bens Dystonis
            Hearts Ease
            Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

            Set III
            Maanschaft Pavane
            Lorraine Alman
            Korrobushka
            Black Nag
            Gelosia
            Jenny Pluck Pears

            Set IV
            Picking of Sticks
            Amoroso
            Bransle Charlotte
            Rosti Bolli
            Casuel Nouvelle
            Bizzaria d�Amore

            ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

            providers now. https://broadband.msn.com