Re: Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Maerwynn of Holme
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      Conna wrote:

      I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
      the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
      people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

      In a word: YES!

      The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

      :-)

      Maerwynn

      ---
      Maerwynn of Holme
      Lonely Tower, Calontir
      Maerwynn@...
      Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
    • Valdemar and Constancia
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

        Constantia

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
          for ball practice.
          Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
          I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
          war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
          taught there too.
          That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
          Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
          people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
          If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
          LOT more.

          The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
          Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
          own and keep out of the sun.
          A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
          My two cents,
          Constantia

          I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
          the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
          people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

          Comments, please.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
            Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

            I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
            all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
            for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
            next to the other RUSH classes.

            Thanks for your responses.

            Conna

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
              Greetings Everyone

              I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
              in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
              resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
              Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
              actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

              Lilies Ball XX

              Set I
              Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
              Gathering Peascods
              Anello
              My Lady Cullen
              Official Bransle
              Black Alman

              Set II
              Heralds in Love
              Contrapasso in Due
              Petit Riens
              Ly Bens Dystonis
              Hearts Ease
              Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

              Set III
              Maanschaft Pavane
              Lorraine Alman
              Korrobushka
              Black Nag
              Gelosia
              Jenny Pluck Pears

              Set IV
              Picking of Sticks
              Amoroso
              Bransle Charlotte
              Rosti Bolli
              Casuel Nouvelle
              Bizzaria d�Amore

              ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

              providers now. https://broadband.msn.com