RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
      get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
      teaches an army singing class that would be very
      appropriate there.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Maerwynn of Holme
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        Conna wrote:

        I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
        the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
        people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

        In a word: YES!

        The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

        :-)

        Maerwynn

        ---
        Maerwynn of Holme
        Lonely Tower, Calontir
        Maerwynn@...
        Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
      • Valdemar and Constancia
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

          Constantia

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
            for ball practice.
            Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
            I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
            war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
            taught there too.
            That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
            Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
            people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
            If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
            LOT more.

            The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
            Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
            own and keep out of the sun.
            A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
            My two cents,
            Constantia

            I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
            the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
            people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

            Comments, please.

            Conna

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
              Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

              I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
              all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
              for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
              next to the other RUSH classes.

              Thanks for your responses.

              Conna

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                Greetings Everyone

                I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                Lilies Ball XX

                Set I
                Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                Gathering Peascods
                Anello
                My Lady Cullen
                Official Bransle
                Black Alman

                Set II
                Heralds in Love
                Contrapasso in Due
                Petit Riens
                Ly Bens Dystonis
                Hearts Ease
                Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                Set III
                Maanschaft Pavane
                Lorraine Alman
                Korrobushka
                Black Nag
                Gelosia
                Jenny Pluck Pears

                Set IV
                Picking of Sticks
                Amoroso
                Bransle Charlotte
                Rosti Bolli
                Casuel Nouvelle
                Bizzaria d�Amore

                ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                providers now. https://broadband.msn.com