RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
      its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
      the music uses the tent.

      Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
      person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
      probably worth at least a quarter! :)

      Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
      set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
      that will change participation any?

      Conrad

      I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
      the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
      people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

      Comments, please.

      Conna

      > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
      > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
      > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
      >
      > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
      > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
      >
      > Conrad
      >

      > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
      >
      > katriana

    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
        get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
        teaches an army singing class that would be very
        appropriate there.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Maerwynn of Holme
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          Conna wrote:

          I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
          the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
          people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

          In a word: YES!

          The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

          :-)

          Maerwynn

          ---
          Maerwynn of Holme
          Lonely Tower, Calontir
          Maerwynn@...
          Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
        • Valdemar and Constancia
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

            Constantia

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
              for ball practice.
              Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
              I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
              war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
              taught there too.
              That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
              Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
              people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
              If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
              LOT more.

              The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
              Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
              own and keep out of the sun.
              A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
              My two cents,
              Constantia

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                next to the other RUSH classes.

                Thanks for your responses.

                Conna

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                  Greetings Everyone

                  I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                  in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                  resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                  Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                  actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                  Lilies Ball XX

                  Set I
                  Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                  Gathering Peascods
                  Anello
                  My Lady Cullen
                  Official Bransle
                  Black Alman

                  Set II
                  Heralds in Love
                  Contrapasso in Due
                  Petit Riens
                  Ly Bens Dystonis
                  Hearts Ease
                  Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                  Set III
                  Maanschaft Pavane
                  Lorraine Alman
                  Korrobushka
                  Black Nag
                  Gelosia
                  Jenny Pluck Pears

                  Set IV
                  Picking of Sticks
                  Amoroso
                  Bransle Charlotte
                  Rosti Bolli
                  Casuel Nouvelle
                  Bizzaria d�Amore

                  ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                  providers now. https://broadband.msn.com