Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
      the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
      people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

      Comments, please.

      Conna

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
        its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
        the music uses the tent.

        Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
        person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
        probably worth at least a quarter! :)

        Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
        set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
        that will change participation any?

        Conrad

        I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
        the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
        people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

        Comments, please.

        Conna

        > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
        > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
        > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
        >
        > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
        > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
        >
        > Conrad
        >

        > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
        >
        > katriana

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
          get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
          teaches an army singing class that would be very
          appropriate there.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Maerwynn of Holme
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            Conna wrote:

            I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
            the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
            people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

            In a word: YES!

            The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

            :-)

            Maerwynn

            ---
            Maerwynn of Holme
            Lonely Tower, Calontir
            Maerwynn@...
            Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
          • Valdemar and Constancia
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

              Constantia

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                for ball practice.
                Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                taught there too.
                That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                LOT more.

                The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                own and keep out of the sun.
                A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                My two cents,
                Constantia

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                  Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                  I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                  all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                  for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                  next to the other RUSH classes.

                  Thanks for your responses.

                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                    Greetings Everyone

                    I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                    in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                    resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                    Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                    actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                    Lilies Ball XX

                    Set I
                    Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                    Gathering Peascods
                    Anello
                    My Lady Cullen
                    Official Bransle
                    Black Alman

                    Set II
                    Heralds in Love
                    Contrapasso in Due
                    Petit Riens
                    Ly Bens Dystonis
                    Hearts Ease
                    Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                    Set III
                    Maanschaft Pavane
                    Lorraine Alman
                    Korrobushka
                    Black Nag
                    Gelosia
                    Jenny Pluck Pears

                    Set IV
                    Picking of Sticks
                    Amoroso
                    Bransle Charlotte
                    Rosti Bolli
                    Casuel Nouvelle
                    Bizzaria d�Amore

                    ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                    providers now. https://broadband.msn.com