RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
      requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.

      Conrad

      Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
        the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
        people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

        Comments, please.

        Conna

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
          its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
          the music uses the tent.

          Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
          person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
          probably worth at least a quarter! :)

          Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
          set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
          that will change participation any?

          Conrad

          I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
          the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
          people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

          Comments, please.

          Conna

          > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
          > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
          > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
          >
          > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
          > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
          >
          > Conrad
          >

          > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
          >
          > katriana

        • Evelyn Alden
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
            get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
            teaches an army singing class that would be very
            appropriate there.

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Maerwynn of Holme
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              Conna wrote:

              I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
              the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
              people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

              In a word: YES!

              The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

              :-)

              Maerwynn

              ---
              Maerwynn of Holme
              Lonely Tower, Calontir
              Maerwynn@...
              Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
            • Valdemar and Constancia
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

                Constantia

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                  We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                  for ball practice.
                  Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                  I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                  war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                  taught there too.
                  That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                  Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                  people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                  If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                  LOT more.

                  The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                  Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                  own and keep out of the sun.
                  A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                  My two cents,
                  Constantia

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                    Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                    I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                    all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                    for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                    next to the other RUSH classes.

                    Thanks for your responses.

                    Conna

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                      Greetings Everyone

                      I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                      in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                      resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                      Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                      actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                      Lilies Ball XX

                      Set I
                      Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                      Gathering Peascods
                      Anello
                      My Lady Cullen
                      Official Bransle
                      Black Alman

                      Set II
                      Heralds in Love
                      Contrapasso in Due
                      Petit Riens
                      Ly Bens Dystonis
                      Hearts Ease
                      Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                      Set III
                      Maanschaft Pavane
                      Lorraine Alman
                      Korrobushka
                      Black Nag
                      Gelosia
                      Jenny Pluck Pears

                      Set IV
                      Picking of Sticks
                      Amoroso
                      Bransle Charlotte
                      Rosti Bolli
                      Casuel Nouvelle
                      Bizzaria d�Amore

                      ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                      providers now. https://broadband.msn.com