Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
        requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.

        Conrad

        Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
          the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
          people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

          Comments, please.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
            its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
            the music uses the tent.

            Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
            person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
            probably worth at least a quarter! :)

            Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
            set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
            that will change participation any?

            Conrad

            I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
            the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
            people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

            Comments, please.

            Conna

            > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
            > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
            > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
            >
            > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
            > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
            >
            > Conrad
            >

            > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
            >
            > katriana

          • Evelyn Alden
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
              get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
              teaches an army singing class that would be very
              appropriate there.

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Maerwynn of Holme
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                Conna wrote:

                I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                In a word: YES!

                The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

                :-)

                Maerwynn

                ---
                Maerwynn of Holme
                Lonely Tower, Calontir
                Maerwynn@...
                Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
              • Valdemar and Constancia
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                  RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

                  Constantia

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                    We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                    for ball practice.
                    Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                    I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                    war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                    taught there too.
                    That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                    Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                    people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                    If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                    LOT more.

                    The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                    Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                    own and keep out of the sun.
                    A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                    My two cents,
                    Constantia

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                      Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                      I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                      all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                      for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                      next to the other RUSH classes.

                      Thanks for your responses.

                      Conna

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                        Greetings Everyone

                        I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                        in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                        resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                        Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                        actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                        Lilies Ball XX

                        Set I
                        Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                        Gathering Peascods
                        Anello
                        My Lady Cullen
                        Official Bransle
                        Black Alman

                        Set II
                        Heralds in Love
                        Contrapasso in Due
                        Petit Riens
                        Ly Bens Dystonis
                        Hearts Ease
                        Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                        Set III
                        Maanschaft Pavane
                        Lorraine Alman
                        Korrobushka
                        Black Nag
                        Gelosia
                        Jenny Pluck Pears

                        Set IV
                        Picking of Sticks
                        Amoroso
                        Bransle Charlotte
                        Rosti Bolli
                        Casuel Nouvelle
                        Bizzaria d�Amore

                        ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                        providers now. https://broadband.msn.com