Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hmmm. Just to clarify. There will be music practice for the ball every day,
      and I'm willing to be the point man on that. I'm going to try to get it on
      the schedule and everything. I encourage musicians to come to these
      practices. Nothing shakes my confidence like a musician trying to sight read
      ball music AT the ball. I'd like to set aside an hour every afternoon to
      practice.

      As for music all over Lilies . . . well, I'm not the cheerleader that
      Constantia is. I'm not going to try to organize anything like what she had
      last year. But I'm trying to get some classes lined up for RUSH. (Does that
      count?)

      Conna
      parttime slacker

      > From: "Valdemar and Constancia" <ironfist@...>
      > Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:55:00 -0600
      > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
      >
      > Go CONNA!
      >
      > Ha HA!
      > Constantia

    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
          requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.

          Conrad

          Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
            the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
            people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

            Comments, please.

            Conna

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
              its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
              the music uses the tent.

              Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
              person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
              probably worth at least a quarter! :)

              Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
              set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
              that will change participation any?

              Conrad

              I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
              the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
              people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

              Comments, please.

              Conna

              > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
              > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
              > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
              >
              > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
              > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
              >
              > Conrad
              >

              > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
              >
              > katriana

            • Evelyn Alden
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
                get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
                teaches an army singing class that would be very
                appropriate there.

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Maerwynn of Holme
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                  Conna wrote:

                  I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                  the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                  people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                  In a word: YES!

                  The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

                  :-)

                  Maerwynn

                  ---
                  Maerwynn of Holme
                  Lonely Tower, Calontir
                  Maerwynn@...
                  Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
                • Valdemar and Constancia
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                    RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

                    Constantia

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                      We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                      for ball practice.
                      Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                      I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                      war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                      taught there too.
                      That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                      Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                      people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                      If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                      LOT more.

                      The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                      Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                      own and keep out of the sun.
                      A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                      My two cents,
                      Constantia

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                        Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                        I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                        all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                        for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                        next to the other RUSH classes.

                        Thanks for your responses.

                        Conna

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                          Greetings Everyone

                          I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                          in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                          resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                          Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                          actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                          Lilies Ball XX

                          Set I
                          Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                          Gathering Peascods
                          Anello
                          My Lady Cullen
                          Official Bransle
                          Black Alman

                          Set II
                          Heralds in Love
                          Contrapasso in Due
                          Petit Riens
                          Ly Bens Dystonis
                          Hearts Ease
                          Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                          Set III
                          Maanschaft Pavane
                          Lorraine Alman
                          Korrobushka
                          Black Nag
                          Gelosia
                          Jenny Pluck Pears

                          Set IV
                          Picking of Sticks
                          Amoroso
                          Bransle Charlotte
                          Rosti Bolli
                          Casuel Nouvelle
                          Bizzaria d�Amore

                          ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                          providers now. https://broadband.msn.com