RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

  • Valdemar and Constancia
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
      Go CONNA!

      Ha HA!
      Constantia

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Katriana <calonkat@...> [mailto:calonkat@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 8:26 PM
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball

      Well, I can certainly run musicians at the ball. Conna was
      interested in doing music all over Lilies again and said that running
      afternoon practices was not a problem for her (I've had poor luck in
      past years scheduling practices.)

      katriana
      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > Well its that time of year again - the time of year where you work
      > dileegently shoveling a driveway while planning dilegently for the
      summer
      > sun and of course Lillie's War.
      > For me the war wouldnt be the war without the ball and the
      wonderful array
      > of classes. Here comes the pitch....ready?
      >
      > Looking for teachers (21 hours worth) of all levels, syles and
      interests to
      > teach dance classes this year at the war - also looking for someone
      who
      > would like to head up the fatastic musician jamboree that we are
      becomming
      > famous for - and one more - looking for suggestions for the ball.
      What do

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hmmm. Just to clarify. There will be music practice for the ball every day,
        and I'm willing to be the point man on that. I'm going to try to get it on
        the schedule and everything. I encourage musicians to come to these
        practices. Nothing shakes my confidence like a musician trying to sight read
        ball music AT the ball. I'd like to set aside an hour every afternoon to
        practice.

        As for music all over Lilies . . . well, I'm not the cheerleader that
        Constantia is. I'm not going to try to organize anything like what she had
        last year. But I'm trying to get some classes lined up for RUSH. (Does that
        count?)

        Conna
        parttime slacker

        > From: "Valdemar and Constancia" <ironfist@...>
        > Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:55:00 -0600
        > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
        >
        > Go CONNA!
        >
        > Ha HA!
        > Constantia

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
          Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
            requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.

            Conrad

            Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
              the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
              people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

              Comments, please.

              Conna

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
                its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
                the music uses the tent.

                Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
                person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
                probably worth at least a quarter! :)

                Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
                set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
                that will change participation any?

                Conrad

                I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                Comments, please.

                Conna

                > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
                > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
                > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
                >
                > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
                > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
                >
                > Conrad
                >

                > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
                >
                > katriana

              • Evelyn Alden
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                  And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
                  get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
                  teaches an army singing class that would be very
                  appropriate there.

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                • Maerwynn of Holme
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                    Conna wrote:

                    I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                    the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                    people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                    In a word: YES!

                    The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

                    :-)

                    Maerwynn

                    ---
                    Maerwynn of Holme
                    Lonely Tower, Calontir
                    Maerwynn@...
                    Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
                  • Valdemar and Constancia
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                      RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

                      Constantia

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                        We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                        for ball practice.
                        Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                        I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                        war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                        taught there too.
                        That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                        Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                        people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                        If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                        LOT more.

                        The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                        Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                        own and keep out of the sun.
                        A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                        My two cents,
                        Constantia

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                          Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                          I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                          all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                          for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                          next to the other RUSH classes.

                          Thanks for your responses.

                          Conna

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                            Greetings Everyone

                            I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                            in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                            resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                            Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                            actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                            Lilies Ball XX

                            Set I
                            Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                            Gathering Peascods
                            Anello
                            My Lady Cullen
                            Official Bransle
                            Black Alman

                            Set II
                            Heralds in Love
                            Contrapasso in Due
                            Petit Riens
                            Ly Bens Dystonis
                            Hearts Ease
                            Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                            Set III
                            Maanschaft Pavane
                            Lorraine Alman
                            Korrobushka
                            Black Nag
                            Gelosia
                            Jenny Pluck Pears

                            Set IV
                            Picking of Sticks
                            Amoroso
                            Bransle Charlotte
                            Rosti Bolli
                            Casuel Nouvelle
                            Bizzaria d�Amore

                            ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                            providers now. https://broadband.msn.com