Lillies Ball

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 13, 2003
      Hi all!

      Well its that time of year again - the time of year where you work
      dileegently shoveling a driveway while planning dilegently for the summer
      sun and of course Lillie's War.
      For me the war wouldnt be the war without the ball and the wonderful array
      of classes. Here comes the pitch....ready?

      Looking for teachers (21 hours worth) of all levels, syles and interests to
      teach dance classes this year at the war - also looking for someone who
      would like to head up the fatastic musician jamboree that we are becomming
      famous for - and one more - looking for suggestions for the ball. What do
      you want to see on the list , and what could never be on a ball again for
      all you care? I want to know! I need to know! Let me have it!

      E-mail me directly at tsire@.... I look forward to it.

    • Katriana <calonkat@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 29, 2003
        Well, I can certainly run musicians at the ball. Conna was
        interested in doing music all over Lilies again and said that running
        afternoon practices was not a problem for her (I've had poor luck in
        past years scheduling practices.)

        katriana
        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > Well its that time of year again - the time of year where you work
        > dileegently shoveling a driveway while planning dilegently for the
        summer
        > sun and of course Lillie's War.
        > For me the war wouldnt be the war without the ball and the
        wonderful array
        > of classes. Here comes the pitch....ready?
        >
        > Looking for teachers (21 hours worth) of all levels, syles and
        interests to
        > teach dance classes this year at the war - also looking for someone
        who
        > would like to head up the fatastic musician jamboree that we are
        becomming
        > famous for - and one more - looking for suggestions for the ball.
        What do
        > you want to see on the list , and what could never be on a ball
        again for
        > all you care? I want to know! I need to know! Let me have it!
        >
        > E-mail me directly at tsire@h... I look forward to it.

        > Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
      • Valdemar and Constancia
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
          Go CONNA!

          Ha HA!
          Constantia

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hmmm. Just to clarify. There will be music practice for the ball every day,
            and I'm willing to be the point man on that. I'm going to try to get it on
            the schedule and everything. I encourage musicians to come to these
            practices. Nothing shakes my confidence like a musician trying to sight read
            ball music AT the ball. I'd like to set aside an hour every afternoon to
            practice.

            As for music all over Lilies . . . well, I'm not the cheerleader that
            Constantia is. I'm not going to try to organize anything like what she had
            last year. But I'm trying to get some classes lined up for RUSH. (Does that
            count?)

            Conna
            parttime slacker

            > From: "Valdemar and Constancia" <ironfist@...>
            > Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:55:00 -0600
            > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
            >
            > Go CONNA!
            >
            > Ha HA!
            > Constantia

          • Evelyn Alden
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
              Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
                requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.

                Conrad

                Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                  I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                  the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                  people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                  Comments, please.

                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                    Define use the thet - if theres music on the field and people here it and
                    its only there because the tent provides shade to play then anyone who hears
                    the music uses the tent.

                    Next the smallest tent is only $142.50 divide that by 1600 and its 8.9 cents per
                    person. Do I get a dimes worth of enjoyment from music on the battletfield. Yes,
                    probably worth at least a quarter! :)

                    Now could you use some other shade provider, would it be worth it to haul and
                    set up? Also remember the battles are between 11 AM and 2 PM this year. Do you think
                    that will change participation any?

                    Conrad

                    I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                    the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                    people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                    Comments, please.

                    Conna

                    > From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
                    > Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:37:56 -0600
                    > To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Lillies Ball
                    >
                    > March 1st in fact. Thought this is the deadline for
                    > requesting a tent to be rented, not for requesting space in a tent.
                    >
                    > Conrad
                    >

                    > Conna, the deadline for requesting tents is in March.
                    >
                    > katriana

                  • Evelyn Alden
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                      And the Bardic "college" might be interested in having
                      get-togethers at a battlefield-side tent. Marcus
                      teaches an army singing class that would be very
                      appropriate there.

                      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                    • Maerwynn of Holme
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                        Conna wrote:

                        I'd appreciate the list's input on this topic. It was nice to have a tent on
                        the battlefield for the musicians to gather every afternoon, but so few
                        people use it. Just musicians. Does that justify the cost of tent rental?

                        In a word: YES!

                        The music was commented on by several people--and enjoyed, too. As someone who wasn't one of the musicians using it, I think it's definitely worth it.

                        :-)

                        Maerwynn

                        ---
                        Maerwynn of Holme
                        Lonely Tower, Calontir
                        Maerwynn@...
                        Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle...
                      • Valdemar and Constancia
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                          RIGHT ON Maerwynn!!!

                          Constantia

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
                            We only used the tent last year for about 2-3 hours a day- during battles
                            for ball practice.
                            Doesn't mean that it can't be used MORE!
                            I didn't even know I was GETTING a tent last year until I arrived at the
                            war - If I HAD known, I would have tried to have all of the music classes
                            taught there too.
                            That tent could have been utilized WAY more.
                            Even music practice, or classes, is a way to bring more music to "da
                            people", but not if we're stuck in RUSH land.
                            If we know in advance that we have a tent to use, I bet we could use it a
                            LOT more.

                            The practice sessions were a great hit last year.
                            Part of it was due, I think to knowing we had such a great place to call our
                            own and keep out of the sun.
                            A place we couldn't get bumped out of.
                            My two cents,
                            Constantia

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                              Thanks Conrad and Maerwynn for your input. (And yes, Constantia, too.)

                              I'll talk to Lilies people to see if we can get a tent. And I'll ask RUSH if
                              all the music classes can be held there. It would have been nice last year
                              for the instrument petting zoo class not to be honking on the zurnas right
                              next to the other RUSH classes.

                              Thanks for your responses.

                              Conna

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 18, 2003
                                Greetings Everyone

                                I know it seems like the Lilier War is far far away as we trudge knee deep
                                in holday madness - but just for you early thingers and planner who cant
                                resit an advance sneak peek - here's the set list for this year's Lillies
                                Ball. (don't worry procrastinators - it'll get posted again closer to the
                                actual relevant timeframe - ;) )

                                Lilies Ball XX

                                Set I
                                Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                                Gathering Peascods
                                Anello
                                My Lady Cullen
                                Official Bransle
                                Black Alman

                                Set II
                                Heralds in Love
                                Contrapasso in Due
                                Petit Riens
                                Ly Bens Dystonis
                                Hearts Ease
                                Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)

                                Set III
                                Maanschaft Pavane
                                Lorraine Alman
                                Korrobushka
                                Black Nag
                                Gelosia
                                Jenny Pluck Pears

                                Set IV
                                Picking of Sticks
                                Amoroso
                                Bransle Charlotte
                                Rosti Bolli
                                Casuel Nouvelle
                                Bizzaria d�Amore

                                ~ Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball ~

                                providers now. https://broadband.msn.com