RE: [CalontirDance] thanks/musicians/lillies

  • Valdemar and Constantia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19 10:15 AM
      Thanks Rowan!
      You gave me quite a bit of encouragement throughout the war with your
      enthusiasm and kind words at several different times throughout the week.
      I had a HOOT at the ball and the dancers seemed very forgiving of the
      musical goof-ups for which I am extremely grateful.- uh... not for the
      goof-ups... well, you know what I mean.

      Any comments from anyone on anything about the ball?
      Music? Booze? Dance choices?
      Location? Certain poorly done songs that drove you CRAZY?
      I know I should have asked that on Friday instead of now!

      Has anyone ever thought of moving the ball to somewhere on the battlefield
      or on one of the points or something?
      Elesait said the ground was too rough and uneven everywhere else but some
      parts don't seem more uneven than where we have been dancing.
      It would be kind of a cool sight to see about 50 dancers and 10 musicians
      all in the open with torch lights and incinitrons all around. What a
      specticle.spectacle. What a whatever.

      What should be different next year?
      Any comments?

      By the way, our war is SO COOL that our hammered dulcimer musician (she was
      only at part of the ball) is coming back next year - from North Carolina.
      This year we had a repeat visit from a musician from Southern Mississippi
      and he and his family will also return next year.
      People LOVE our "primitive" site and our laid-back-ness!

      I also hope to train a whole new spate of musicians for next years Lilies
      war.
      More music during more battles and tourneys and on the archery range.
      That's what I would have liked to have seen.
      Constantia

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19 10:24 AM
        Glad you had fun, I sure did.

        I can't remember a single instance where the music cause a
        problem while I was dancing. Just a couple of "some think its
        the end and others don't".

        Moving to the battle field might work (in good weather) but the
        ball has been a good weather or bad thing (why its near the GP).
        The ground where we danced this year and last is about as good
        as it gets. The only flat ground on the battle field is the
        center part which gets squishy often. I may do some scouting at H&F.

        The battlefield would also have both the good and bad
        consequences about being near other goings on. People wandering
        by and stopping in, or wandering off. People could hear
        and see what was going on but there would also be noise from
        nearby parties and wandering ameobas. I don't know if the net
        result would be positive or negative, we may have to try to
        find out.