Re: [CalontirDance] thanks/musicians/lillies

  • Carol O'Connell of Graphic World
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2002
      I was really happy at how many musicians and dancers participated in the
      Ball. I thought it was a lot of fun.

      The music classes were some of my favorite things about this War. Really
      incredible stuff. Terrific to have so many musicians gathered from all over.

      Conna

      kigirekishika wrote:

      > Just a big thankyou going out to all of the musicians who were at
      > Lillies. The battle music was _really_ cool and I counted at least 15
      > musicians in the band at the ball. WOW! Sorry, I missed the music for
      > monkeys and alot of classes I would have liked to take (too much to
      > do, and the war is just too short). Thanks all. I had fun, how about
      > all of you?
      >
      > Rowan

    • Valdemar and Constantia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002
        Thanks Rowan!
        You gave me quite a bit of encouragement throughout the war with your
        enthusiasm and kind words at several different times throughout the week.
        I had a HOOT at the ball and the dancers seemed very forgiving of the
        musical goof-ups for which I am extremely grateful.- uh... not for the
        goof-ups... well, you know what I mean.

        Any comments from anyone on anything about the ball?
        Music? Booze? Dance choices?
        Location? Certain poorly done songs that drove you CRAZY?
        I know I should have asked that on Friday instead of now!

        Has anyone ever thought of moving the ball to somewhere on the battlefield
        or on one of the points or something?
        Elesait said the ground was too rough and uneven everywhere else but some
        parts don't seem more uneven than where we have been dancing.
        It would be kind of a cool sight to see about 50 dancers and 10 musicians
        all in the open with torch lights and incinitrons all around. What a
        specticle.spectacle. What a whatever.

        What should be different next year?
        Any comments?

        By the way, our war is SO COOL that our hammered dulcimer musician (she was
        only at part of the ball) is coming back next year - from North Carolina.
        This year we had a repeat visit from a musician from Southern Mississippi
        and he and his family will also return next year.
        People LOVE our "primitive" site and our laid-back-ness!

        I also hope to train a whole new spate of musicians for next years Lilies
        war.
        More music during more battles and tourneys and on the archery range.
        That's what I would have liked to have seen.
        Constantia

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002
          Glad you had fun, I sure did.

          I can't remember a single instance where the music cause a
          problem while I was dancing. Just a couple of "some think its
          the end and others don't".

          Moving to the battle field might work (in good weather) but the
          ball has been a good weather or bad thing (why its near the GP).
          The ground where we danced this year and last is about as good
          as it gets. The only flat ground on the battle field is the
          center part which gets squishy often. I may do some scouting at H&F.

          The battlefield would also have both the good and bad
          consequences about being near other goings on. People wandering
          by and stopping in, or wandering off. People could hear
          and see what was going on but there would also be noise from
          nearby parties and wandering ameobas. I don't know if the net
          result would be positive or negative, we may have to try to
          find out.