thanks/musicians/lillies

  • kigirekishika
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2002
      Just a big thankyou going out to all of the musicians who were at
      Lillies. The battle music was _really_ cool and I counted at least 15
      musicians in the band at the ball. WOW! Sorry, I missed the music for
      monkeys and alot of classes I would have liked to take (too much to
      do, and the war is just too short). Thanks all. I had fun, how about
      all of you?

      Rowan
    • Carol O'Connell of Graphic World
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2002
        I was really happy at how many musicians and dancers participated in the
        Ball. I thought it was a lot of fun.

        The music classes were some of my favorite things about this War. Really
        incredible stuff. Terrific to have so many musicians gathered from all over.

        Conna

        kigirekishika wrote:

        > Just a big thankyou going out to all of the musicians who were at
        > Lillies. The battle music was _really_ cool and I counted at least 15
        > musicians in the band at the ball. WOW! Sorry, I missed the music for
        > monkeys and alot of classes I would have liked to take (too much to
        > do, and the war is just too short). Thanks all. I had fun, how about
        > all of you?
        >
        > Rowan

      • Valdemar and Constantia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002
          Thanks Rowan!
          You gave me quite a bit of encouragement throughout the war with your
          enthusiasm and kind words at several different times throughout the week.
          I had a HOOT at the ball and the dancers seemed very forgiving of the
          musical goof-ups for which I am extremely grateful.- uh... not for the
          goof-ups... well, you know what I mean.

          Any comments from anyone on anything about the ball?
          Music? Booze? Dance choices?
          Location? Certain poorly done songs that drove you CRAZY?
          I know I should have asked that on Friday instead of now!

          Has anyone ever thought of moving the ball to somewhere on the battlefield
          or on one of the points or something?
          Elesait said the ground was too rough and uneven everywhere else but some
          parts don't seem more uneven than where we have been dancing.
          It would be kind of a cool sight to see about 50 dancers and 10 musicians
          all in the open with torch lights and incinitrons all around. What a
          specticle.spectacle. What a whatever.

          What should be different next year?
          Any comments?

          By the way, our war is SO COOL that our hammered dulcimer musician (she was
          only at part of the ball) is coming back next year - from North Carolina.
          This year we had a repeat visit from a musician from Southern Mississippi
          and he and his family will also return next year.
          People LOVE our "primitive" site and our laid-back-ness!

          I also hope to train a whole new spate of musicians for next years Lilies
          war.
          More music during more battles and tourneys and on the archery range.
          That's what I would have liked to have seen.
          Constantia

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002
            Glad you had fun, I sure did.

            I can't remember a single instance where the music cause a
            problem while I was dancing. Just a couple of "some think its
            the end and others don't".

            Moving to the battle field might work (in good weather) but the
            ball has been a good weather or bad thing (why its near the GP).
            The ground where we danced this year and last is about as good
            as it gets. The only flat ground on the battle field is the
            center part which gets squishy often. I may do some scouting at H&F.

            The battlefield would also have both the good and bad
            consequences about being near other goings on. People wandering
            by and stopping in, or wandering off. People could hear
            and see what was going on but there would also be noise from
            nearby parties and wandering ameobas. I don't know if the net
            result would be positive or negative, we may have to try to
            find out.