project

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hi

      I have an interesting project I'd like to ask for input
      on.

      A local juinor high orchestra is going to be preforming
      Peter Warlock's Capriole suite which is based on
      Arbeau's music. They would alos like to perform
      some dances to it, any ideas?

      thanks

      Conrad
    • Keith McClune (Guillaume de Gonzac)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2001
        Hi there:

        Unfortunately, I do not have the Capriole Suite, so I can't listen to
        it.
        I did hear it once on the radio last year, however. I remember that it
        includes a section of Belle Qui Tienne Ma Vie and Branle Charlotte. I think
        the Branle Charlotte gets ornamented, excited, and probably undanceable at
        the end. I doubt you could dance to the suite itself, but they might be
        willing to do "excerpts" that just happen to be the dances we know. Most of
        the Arbeau dances are also easy enough to teach if the kids want to join in.

        K / G S:}>