RE: [CalontirDance] hi and a new topic

  • morgancain@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
      I thought that the sound system was fine for the live music, Conna.

      Checking with a number of persons, it did run more slowly, or longer, than last year. The live portion was actually over closer to 4:30pm. And someone commented to me that compared to last year, it was "an entire set behind" in the timing.

      I think there are severl reasons it did not look very full during the day, compared to during the ball:

      1) There were many class areas and people were scattered in classes.

      2) People were shopping.

      3) Some people did come in from CalonCon to dance at the ball.

      4) People were doing rapier and fighting, who then came to the ball.

      5) During the ball, we were mostly concentrated in one area,
      instead of being scattered all about the building and outside.

      I had fun! I was not sure I liked the classes so much, as it seemed we could have had another dance in each one, but getting the review time was probably A Good Thing. I did have trouble with the cheat sheet but I think that is just because I don't understand "dancerly" (just as I don't speak "heraldese").

      And thanks again for the transport, Conrad.

      ---= Morgan

      “What this country has needed for a long time is to kick butt.”
      ---= Lewis Grizzard
      “Message To The Taliban: Hand over Bin Laden or we will take
      all your women and send them to college.”

      http://mail2web.com/ .