re: music search

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2001
      The problem with finding Trenchmore music is that there seems to be a
      heck of alot of versions of music out there that the trenchmore dance
      is done to. The most comment seems to be "hunt for the fox", but that
      certainly isn't the song that I first learned the dance to OR the
      taped song that the groups over here (Three Rivers/Shattered Crystal)
      use.

      If you want "hunt for the fox" it is available on "Why not dance" CD
      from most SCA music vendors. Or try this site:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/CD-offer.html
      This gentle makes and sells CDs for SCA dance.

      What the music the musicians PLAY is I have no idea. Nor do I know
      what the song is that is used in this area. If anyone knows what
      taped song Alphia used to teach us all Trenchmore I would like to
      know, since my tape bit the dust from over use and even hers was a
      copy of a copy.

      Rowan

      I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find music for
      Trenchmore. I need a good quality version that we can dance to.

      Are there any CD's or tapes out there that I could buy that would
      have that song on it?

      Thanks for your help.

      Katinka Von Trifels
      Shire LeGrande Tente