Hi there

  • katriana@chanute-ks.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 1999
      Well, I see I have a subscriber. I'll start the introductions (because a list is a terrible thing to waste)

      I'm Katriana, I've been dancing in the SCA since 1982 and playing dance music about that long. I attend Pennsic almost every year and play in the barn, mostly late at night. My mother runs Tomes & Tunes, which sells dance books and music, the dance music mainly because I wanted to own it :)

      I live in Bois d'Arc (SE Kansas)and travel as much as possible with the realities of life (and an 8 year old daughter)

      katriana
    • Sandi Augsburger
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 1999
        katriana@... wrote:

        > From: katriana@...
        >
        > Well, I see I have a subscriber. I'll start the introductions (because a list is a terrible thing to waste)
        >
        > I'm Katriana, I've been dancing in the SCA since 1982 and playing dance music about that long. I attend Pennsic almost every year and play in the barn, mostly late at night. My mother runs Tomes & Tunes, which sells dance books and music, the dance music mainly because I wanted to own it :)
        >
        > I live in Bois d'Arc (SE Kansas)and travel as much as possible with the realities of life (and an 8 year old daughter)
        >
        > katriana

        Greetings My Lady,

        I am from the Shire of Twae Linnes in Artemisia (Paul, Idaho). I have been doing renaissance dance since 1987 when I took classes from the college in my area. I am an elementary Music teacher and I enjoy teaching dance to my students as well.

        I am trying to get the shire interested in dance with very little luck. Other gentles in neighboring shires and baronies do quite a bit of dancing, so I do get to do some - when I am not playing the music for the dance. Do you have this kind of problem in your area - lack of interest in dance? If
        so, what do you do to increase interest?

        What instruments do you play?

        I have a 16 year old daughter who is the joy of my life. She is sewing herself some new garb as I write this. I have been in the SCA for nearly 2 years, and I received my AOA last October because of my efforts to teach dance in this shire.

        What period/type of dances are you especially interested in?

        Cecily Alys de Percy