music search

  • julie.reinitz@uni.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21 1:58 PM
      Hello all!

      This is my first post here...

      I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find music for
      Trenchmore. I need a good quality version that we can dance to.

      Are there any CD's or tapes out there that I could buy that would
      have that song on it?

      Thanks for your help.

      Katinka Von Trifels
      Shire LeGrande Tente
    • Morgan Cain
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22 5:37 AM
        > I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find music for
        > Trenchmore. I need a good quality version that we can dance to.

        Is it on the Rose & Nefr dance tape? http://rocky.itasca.net/rosenefr/

        Of course, both Alban and Katriana carry copies (unless they are sold out).

        ---= Morgan (didn't dance enough at Pennsic)

        "English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other
        languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets
        for loose grammar."
        --- Unknown
      • rowan@french.toast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22 9:35 AM
          The problem with finding Trenchmore music is that there seems to be a
          heck of alot of versions of music out there that the trenchmore dance
          is done to. The most comment seems to be "hunt for the fox", but that
          certainly isn't the song that I first learned the dance to OR the
          taped song that the groups over here (Three Rivers/Shattered Crystal)
          use.

          If you want "hunt for the fox" it is available on "Why not dance" CD
          from most SCA music vendors. Or try this site:
          http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/CD-offer.html
          This gentle makes and sells CDs for SCA dance.

          What the music the musicians PLAY is I have no idea. Nor do I know
          what the song is that is used in this area. If anyone knows what
          taped song Alphia used to teach us all Trenchmore I would like to
          know, since my tape bit the dust from over use and even hers was a
          copy of a copy.

          Rowan