Dancing at Lillies

  • Margo Lynn Hablutzel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 1999
      Conna asked:

      >> Does anyone have any news of a ball at Lillies??

      Thursday night, and several of the RUSH classes are geared toward teaching
      dances that will be done. I don't have the whole name of the group
      sponsoring the ball and dance classes, I think they are V'Tavian (there's a
      dragonfly in there somewhere).

      You can get info at the Lillies website, I believe, and in the pre-war
      booklets that were in THE MEWS.

      ---= Morgan

      |\ THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
      8+%%%%%%%%I=================================================---
      |/ Morgan Cain * Hablutzel@...
      Barony of the Steppes * Ansteorra
      daytime: margolh@...

      Be glad for life because it gives you the chance
      to love and to work and to look up at the stars.
      <Henry Van Dyke>
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 1999
        It's the Dragonfly Dancers (which were mentioned a few times at KWDS by the
        Ansteorrans) and this is a PARTIAL list of what they think they are going
        to fit in. The dance classes being offered (and I can now teach, if only
        I'd known I owuld be unemployed through the war) are an indication of what
        we're getting. These are only the dances that they need music for.
        Apparently there are other dances that they have music for :)

        Argeers Arnwulf's Pavane
        Atlantean Pavane Bransle d'Ecosse (Horses?)
        Bransle Pinagay Calontir Bransle
        Cuckolds All ina Row Friar in the Well
        Gathering Peascods Goddesses
        Heart's Ease Highland Schottische
        Grimstock Horses Bransle
        John Tallow's Canon Korobuska
        L'Escargot Maanschaft Pavane
        Mage on a Cree Maltese Bransle
        Montarde Bransle Official Bransle
        Passeymeasures Queen Elizabeth's Round
        Queen Susannah's Reel Rufty Tufty
        Saint Martin's Scotland the Brave
        Sellinger's Round Trenchmore
        Upon a Summer's Day

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 1999
          Thursday night?
          Against the torchlight--oops, incinetron--tourneys?

          Sigh.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
            >From: "Carol O'Connell" <conna@...>

            >Thursday night?
            >Against the torchlight--oops, incinetron--tourneys?

            Not tourneys; war point battles.
            This is a big problem with one possible bennifit,
            theim may be a much higher proportion of dedicated
            dancers requiring less/faxter teaching at the ball.

            Conrad
            (still havent decided where I'll be)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
              Hi, all.

              Hadn't thought about the fast teaching aspect of a small attendance at the
              ball. Conrad, do you always see potential benefits in every situation? I like
              that quality.

              Katriana, do you have the sheet music for the more obscure songs on the play
              list? I got an e-mail today from Luci. She says Eleanor-Margaret left a
              newcomer from V'tavia in charge, and Luci's trying to help her gather sheet
              music for all the songs. They came up with about half of them. I've got about
              a quarter of the ones they're missing. There are still some holes.

              Katriana-also any news on a new key/foot for my tenor??? Please?