Re: [CalontirDance] goddesses

  • Rowan of Three Rivers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
      The steps in the verses are slightly different when doing only 6 verses - both sexes circle at the same time, both lines behind at the same time, etc. It can be done, if the musicians don't play at quite the speed my taped music is at. Can it be done in the dark, on uneven ground, without running into each other? I don't know, it does sound hazardous (or humorous depending on your point of view). I've only danced Goddesses at Gulf War and Crystal Ball and there it was the eleven verse version. But if you go by the booklet your first impression is that we are doing the six verse version. That's why I asked the musicians - how many times do you want to play it?

      Rowan

      From: Katriana <katriana@...>
      Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:57:58 -0500

      >I usually play until someone kicks me to stop. I really like the tune, but
      >tend to get a little twitchy after playing it :-) Especially if the
      >percussionists are overenthusiastic on the "dum-dum-dum"s (if you know the
      >tune, you know the part of the music)
      >
      >Just read the steps. Can the verses really be done in 6 times through the
      >music? I mean it sounds entertaining to watch, but hazardous to the health.
      >
      >katriana

      In Service,
      Rowan
      Calontir

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
        >The steps in the verses are slightly different when doing only 6 verses -
        both sexes circle at the same >time, both lines behind at the same time,
        etc.

        With the 11 verse version you get a chance to rese/catch up on the mor or
        women only verses.