cheiftains thankyous and recap

  • Rowan of Three Rivers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      First, THANK YOU to the Conna and the musicians who provided music on literally NO notice. I had tapes but this was much nicer (and since the only plugs were all the way across the hall and me with my little boom box, at least this way you could hear the music).

      Also thank you to Conna and Conrad for taking over the running of the ball when my duties of quartermaster and dance mistress collided (note to self - do not volunteer to be two places at the same time).

      I think the ball went well, I like it when we can encourage even just a little bit of dancing at an event. As for questions/comments that came up on this list before the ball...

      >>three of the seven dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft,

      I know they are OOP but nearly everyone knows Korobushka and likes to do it. I figure using it to open a ball is a good way to get everyone out on the dance floor, and hopefully they will stick around after. Mannschaft is HRM favorite dance.

      >>and Road to the Isles are not actually period
      >>And let's not forget that we probably aren't doing Road to the Isles
      >>but Scotland the Brave.

      True but everyone knows it as Road to the Isle (those that don't know it as Scotland Depraved that is ;)) Again, I view this like Karobushka - get them out on the floor having fun and maybe they will stick around.

      >>it's a ball in honor of Conrad's Laureling (right?).

      Not specifically. It was a throw back to the Changlings Feast and Ball that B3R used to do. At the time we planned it (back before Xmas cause flyers had to be sent to the Mews) we didn't know where or when Conrads elevation would be - that it just worked out that well was serendipitous.

      >Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any dances that don't require hopping?????

      Most dances don't actually. I know I gave Belle a tape of dance tunes for Bellewood - she should be able to teach some of them (you are in Bellewood right?)

      >>Very few dances "require" hopping. Actually, few dances "require" much more than enjoying yourself. <snip> Unless someone specifies differently, we're doing social dance, not performance dance and it only works if people get out on the floor and socialize :-)

      Very well said MiLady! I will teach the fancier moves if people want them (those that I can do that is) but I always tell my dancers "if you end up in the right place by the end and haven't killed anyone and have had fun - you did it just fine" The ONLY time I am a Dance-Nazi about the steps, music, garb or anything is if it is a performance for a demo or for the crown.

      I hope everyone had fun at Cheiftains Changlings. I will see some of you at Gulf Wars (my first OoK War!) where it looks like they have some good dancing planned. Otherwise I guess I'll see you at coronation or Lillies.

      In Service
      Rowan

      --
      In Service,