RE: [CalontirDance] conrads laural

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hey Conrad
      Post the wording on your scroll!

      Well soon the whole thing will be on line, but for now ...

      We, Lyriel, the Lady by the Lily marked, and Fernando, the Ritter by the
      Falcon armed; by sword, law, and custom serving the people of Calontir as
      their Sovereigns, and the Land of the Falcon as its Lady and Lord, do greet
      all bound to Us, and order these words to be accredited in all places of
      honor.

      As the Chivalry defends the just and ancient freedoms of Our folk, and the
      Pelikan renders all things possible in service, so too do Our artisans and
      entertainers enrich Our subjects. It is both Our duty and Our delight to
      paint in brightest colors, and to deck with gold and precious Honors, those
      who by their efforts have jeweled Our courts and halls in seemly merriment.

      Such a one is Conrad Martin von Kassel, who has by the disport of dancing
      taught Our people to meet in modest and sober entertainment, and also has
      provided virtuous exercise in place of less worthy pastimes. We are
      therefore minded to advance, elect and prefer him to the Order of the
      Laurel, and to account him a Peer of Our realm, equal in honors to any who
      have not borne the burdens of rule.

      Given under Our hands and seals, this 24th day of the 10th month of the
      thirty-fifth year of the Society, it being February 24th, 2001 in the Roman
      reckoning, Our Falcon Thrones being set in Our Barony of Three Rivers.

      This scroll is the work of Lady Conna ingen Ui Carol

      The text is the work of Master Gerald of Ipsley