RE: [CalontirDance] Looking for music...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
      Mara

      The first place I would recommend for SCA dance music on CD is Musica Subterranea http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/musicasubterranea1
      They are a group of SCA musicians who have recorded very nice dance tunes. I recommend their discs in the order published as for popularity of dances.

      What dances are your people requesting, this could help with further suggestions.

      Conrad Martin von Kassel

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
        I would agree that Musica Subterranea is an excellent source/cd. The
        Dragon Scale Consort CD is also a good basic dance cd.

        If you need any songs/requests that you can't seem to find on a cd feel
        free to e-mail me and I can record some for you. It would be basic,
        however something is better than nothing :)

        ~Alessandra

      • Mary Railing
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
          If you know what dances you are looking for, the Renaissance Dance Database will tell you what recordings (if any) are available. It will also tell you where to find sheet music or instructions. These days, a lot of dance music can be bought online as individual tracks.
          http://www.rendancedb.org/

          --Urraca