conrads laural

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hey Conrad
      Post the wording on your scroll! Those that couldn't hear in court or
      couldn't make cheiftains deserve to get at least half the smiles from
      it I did. It won't be quite the same without drix the herald reading
      it but still...

      Rowan
      Who had a great seat for the lauraling - behind the barony thrones.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
        Hey Conrad
        Post the wording on your scroll!

        Well soon the whole thing will be on line, but for now ...

        We, Lyriel, the Lady by the Lily marked, and Fernando, the Ritter by the
        Falcon armed; by sword, law, and custom serving the people of Calontir as
        their Sovereigns, and the Land of the Falcon as its Lady and Lord, do greet
        all bound to Us, and order these words to be accredited in all places of
        honor.

        As the Chivalry defends the just and ancient freedoms of Our folk, and the
        Pelikan renders all things possible in service, so too do Our artisans and
        entertainers enrich Our subjects. It is both Our duty and Our delight to
        paint in brightest colors, and to deck with gold and precious Honors, those
        who by their efforts have jeweled Our courts and halls in seemly merriment.

        Such a one is Conrad Martin von Kassel, who has by the disport of dancing
        taught Our people to meet in modest and sober entertainment, and also has
        provided virtuous exercise in place of less worthy pastimes. We are
        therefore minded to advance, elect and prefer him to the Order of the
        Laurel, and to account him a Peer of Our realm, equal in honors to any who
        have not borne the burdens of rule.

        Given under Our hands and seals, this 24th day of the 10th month of the
        thirty-fifth year of the Society, it being February 24th, 2001 in the Roman
        reckoning, Our Falcon Thrones being set in Our Barony of Three Rivers.

        This scroll is the work of Lady Conna ingen Ui Carol

        The text is the work of Master Gerald of Ipsley