Re: [CalontirDance] chieftains dance list

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
      At 12:04 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any
      >dances that don't require hopping?????

      Very few dances "require" hopping. Actually, few dances "require" much
      more than enjoying yourself. Anytime the teacher says "hop", just
      substitute "pause" and smile r-e-a-l big and pretty. Maybe bob on your
      toes briefly for effect. Unless someone specifies differently, we're doing
      social dance, not performance dance and it only works if people get out on
      the floor and socialize :-)

      katriana
      (does it show that I'm working on a new class for Pennsic?)
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
        At 12:37 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it
        down
        >(ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
        >seven
        >dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually
        period
        And let's not forget that we probably aren't doing Road to the Isles
        (though I will have the music and words with me) but Scotland the Brave.

        katriana
        not only out of period, but incorrectly OOP