Calontir Musician's practice

  • brighid.omahuna
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      Please excuse the cross posting. We had some confusion, some illness to deal with, and some general panic, but it's all set now. Here is the schedule for musicians to practice for the 4 different balls at Lilies! (Count 'em, 4 Balls! Wow)

      Beginner's Ball will be 2-4:30 on Saturday, June 9. No practice. Be ready. The list with links has been posted by Magdalena, and I will put them in the files.

      Practice for Shattered Crystal Ball: Sunday June 10, 11:00-12:00
      Monday June 11: 11:00-12:00
      Shattered Crystal Ball: Monday night 7:00-9:30?. Music: please be there by 6:45

      Practice for Lilies Grand Ball: Bring a Lover, Flirt with Another:
      Tuesday, June 12: 11:00-12:00
      Wednesday, June 13: 11:00-12:00
      Thursday, June 14: 1:00-3:00
      (omit 11:00 practice.)
      Lilies Grand Ball: Bring a Lover, Flirt with Another: 7:30-9:30 MUSICIANS: Be there by 7:00
      Caroso Ball: (an all request affair: YIKES!) 2-3:30 If you are still on site, this is fun, and they are just thrilled to see us show up.

      You may have heard our music coordinator, Ly Lucia de Sienna is recovering from surgery, so Magdalena Von Osnabruck and I are taking over the Lilies Grand Ball practices and pit. Thanks for your patience. I had earlier posted that I thought the practices were at 1:00, but I was addled in my head at the time.

      Music at Lilies is dear to our hearts, and to play for dancers is our honor and privilege. Also, the dancers appreciate us, and are very forgiving. Remember, you need a music stand of your own, a book light, your mug, some clothespins or clips to play comfortably outdoors and at dusk. I look forward to any new musicians that want to join. Please print out the music, and come to as many practices as you can. There are similar tunes in each of the Balls.

      Please find a set of files on this list, in the file section. I will be including the lists with links, and the the extra PDF's that we were awaiting permissions on, or were otherwise hard to find, will go on tomorrow's files, Thursday, May 31.
      YIS
      Ly Brighid O'Mahuna