Re: [CalontirDance] chieftains dance list

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
      Well, I'm still trying to find someone to share a ride with (otherwise I
      have an awfully long drive by myself in a minivan with no money), but we're
      working on a "kirtle" to wear under the houppelande that Conna made me and
      my dance music is all packed. My fingers are usually ready to go. So you
      should have at least Conna and me there.

      katriana
      At 04:55 PM 2/23/01 -0000, you wrote:
      >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
      >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
      >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
      >Road to the Isle.
      >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
      >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
      >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
      >
      >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
      >
      >Rowan

    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
        At 12:04 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any
        >dances that don't require hopping?????

        Very few dances "require" hopping. Actually, few dances "require" much
        more than enjoying yourself. Anytime the teacher says "hop", just
        substitute "pause" and smile r-e-a-l big and pretty. Maybe bob on your
        toes briefly for effect. Unless someone specifies differently, we're doing
        social dance, not performance dance and it only works if people get out on
        the floor and socialize :-)

        katriana
        (does it show that I'm working on a new class for Pennsic?)
      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
          At 12:37 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
          >Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it
          down
          >(ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
          >seven
          >dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually
          period
          And let's not forget that we probably aren't doing Road to the Isles
          (though I will have the music and words with me) but Scotland the Brave.

          katriana
          not only out of period, but incorrectly OOP