Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball

  • Brenda Knox
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25 2:01 PM
      Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
      so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
      two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
      comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
      in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
      actually practice!
      I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
      Thanks,
      Brighid

    • Corros Murphy
      Message 2 of 10 , May 28 9:03 PM
        Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

        Set 1
        Carolingian Pav
        Horses' Branle
        Petit Vriens
        Hearts Ease
        Le Bens Distonys
        Official Branle
        Rufty Tufty

        set 2
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        Gathering Peascods
        Rosti Boli
        Sellingers Round
        Black Nag
        Pease Bransle
        Gelosia

        This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

        If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

        Many Thanks,

        Wolfram Janssen
      • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
        Message 3 of 10 , May 30 5:43 PM
          Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

          Lilies Beginner's Ball

          Set 1

          Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

          Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

          Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

          Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

          Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

          Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
          be provided

          Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

          set 2

          Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

          Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

          Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
          will be provided.

          Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

          Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
          provided

          Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

          Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

          YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck