Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball

    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2012
      Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
      I'll try to help out as I'm able.

      Looking forward to Lilies!
      HRM Conna

      On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
      > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
      > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
      > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
      > this
      > Brenda
      >
      > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
      > >wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
      > > e-mail.
      > >
      > > Set I:
      > > Carolingian Pavan
      > > Gathering Peascods
      > > Amoroso
      > > Jenny Pluck Pears
      > > Horse's Bransle
      > > Flugente Stella
      > > Chestnut
      > > My Lady Cullen
      > >
      > > Set 2:
      > > Black Alman
      > > Heart's Ease
      > > Rosti Boli
      > > Maltese Bransle
      > > Gracca Amorosa
      > > LyBiens Destony
      > > Candida Luna
      > > Petit Vriens
      > >
      > > Set 3:
      > > Candlestick Bransle
      > > Gelosia
      > > New Castle
      > > Madam Sosilia
      > > Contrapasso in Due
      > > Confess
      > > Official Bransle
      > > Heralds in Love
      > >
      > > Set 4:
      > > Requests

    • Brenda Knox
      Message 2 of 10 , May 25, 2012
        Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
        so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
        two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
        comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
        in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
        actually practice!
        I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
        Thanks,
        Brighid

      • Corros Murphy
        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2012
          Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

          Set 1
          Carolingian Pav
          Horses' Branle
          Petit Vriens
          Hearts Ease
          Le Bens Distonys
          Official Branle
          Rufty Tufty

          set 2
          Jenny Pluck Pears
          Gathering Peascods
          Rosti Boli
          Sellingers Round
          Black Nag
          Pease Bransle
          Gelosia

          This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

          If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

          Many Thanks,

          Wolfram Janssen
        • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
          Message 4 of 10 , May 30, 2012
            Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

            Lilies Beginner's Ball

            Set 1

            Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

            Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

            Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

            Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

            Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

            Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
            be provided

            Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

            set 2

            Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

            Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

            Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
            will be provided.

            Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

            Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
            provided

            Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

            Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

            YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck