Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball

  • Brenda Knox
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25 8:21 AM
      Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
      need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
      had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
      Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
      this
      Brenda

      Message 2 of 10 , May 25 11:34 AM
        Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
        I'll try to help out as I'm able.

        Looking forward to Lilies!
        HRM Conna

        On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
        > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
        > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
        > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
        > this
        > Brenda
        >
        > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
        > >wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
        > > e-mail.
        > >
        > > Set I:
        > > Carolingian Pavan
        > > Gathering Peascods
        > > Amoroso
        > > Jenny Pluck Pears
        > > Horse's Bransle
        > > Flugente Stella
        > > Chestnut
        > > My Lady Cullen
        > >
        > > Set 2:
        > > Black Alman
        > > Heart's Ease
        > > Rosti Boli
        > > Maltese Bransle
        > > Gracca Amorosa
        > > LyBiens Destony
        > > Candida Luna
        > > Petit Vriens
        > >
        > > Set 3:
        > > Candlestick Bransle
        > > Gelosia
        > > New Castle
        > > Madam Sosilia
        > > Contrapasso in Due
        > > Confess
        > > Official Bransle
        > > Heralds in Love
        > >
        > > Set 4:
        > > Requests

      • Brenda Knox
        Message 3 of 10 , May 25 2:01 PM
          Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
          so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
          two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
          comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
          in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
          actually practice!
          I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
          Thanks,
          Brighid

        • Corros Murphy
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28 9:03 PM
            Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

            Set 1
            Carolingian Pav
            Horses' Branle
            Petit Vriens
            Hearts Ease
            Le Bens Distonys
            Official Branle
            Rufty Tufty

            set 2
            Jenny Pluck Pears
            Gathering Peascods
            Rosti Boli
            Sellingers Round
            Black Nag
            Pease Bransle
            Gelosia

            This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

            If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

            Many Thanks,

            Wolfram Janssen
          • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
            Message 5 of 10 , May 30 5:43 PM
              Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

              Lilies Beginner's Ball

              Set 1

              Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

              Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

              Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

              Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

              Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

              Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
              be provided

              Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

              set 2

              Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

              Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

              Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
              will be provided.

              Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

              Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
              provided

              Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

              Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

              YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck