Lilies Ball

  • Kat Pogatshnik
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25 7:58 AM
      My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
      e-mail.

      Set I:
      Carolingian Pavan
      Gathering Peascods
      Amoroso
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      Horse's Bransle
      Flugente Stella
      Chestnut
      My Lady Cullen

      Set 2:
      Black Alman
      Heart's Ease
      Rosti Boli
      Maltese Bransle
      Gracca Amorosa
      LyBiens Destony
      Candida Luna
      Petit Vriens

      Set 3:
      Candlestick Bransle
      Gelosia
      New Castle
      Madam Sosilia
      Contrapasso in Due
      Confess
      Official Bransle
      Heralds in Love

      Set 4:
      Requests

    • Brenda Knox
      Message 2 of 10 , May 25 8:21 AM
        Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
        need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
        had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
        Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
        this
        Brenda

        Message 3 of 10 , May 25 11:34 AM
          Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
          I'll try to help out as I'm able.

          Looking forward to Lilies!
          HRM Conna

          On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
          > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
          > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
          > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
          > this
          > Brenda
          >
          > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
          > >wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
          > > e-mail.
          > >
          > > Set I:
          > > Carolingian Pavan
          > > Gathering Peascods
          > > Amoroso
          > > Jenny Pluck Pears
          > > Horse's Bransle
          > > Flugente Stella
          > > Chestnut
          > > My Lady Cullen
          > >
          > > Set 2:
          > > Black Alman
          > > Heart's Ease
          > > Rosti Boli
          > > Maltese Bransle
          > > Gracca Amorosa
          > > LyBiens Destony
          > > Candida Luna
          > > Petit Vriens
          > >
          > > Set 3:
          > > Candlestick Bransle
          > > Gelosia
          > > New Castle
          > > Madam Sosilia
          > > Contrapasso in Due
          > > Confess
          > > Official Bransle
          > > Heralds in Love
          > >
          > > Set 4:
          > > Requests

        • Brenda Knox
          Message 4 of 10 , May 25 2:01 PM
            Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
            so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
            two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
            comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
            in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
            actually practice!
            I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
            Thanks,
            Brighid

          • Corros Murphy
            Message 5 of 10 , May 28 9:03 PM
              Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

              Set 1
              Carolingian Pav
              Horses' Branle
              Petit Vriens
              Hearts Ease
              Le Bens Distonys
              Official Branle
              Rufty Tufty

              set 2
              Jenny Pluck Pears
              Gathering Peascods
              Rosti Boli
              Sellingers Round
              Black Nag
              Pease Bransle
              Gelosia

              This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

              If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

              Many Thanks,

              Wolfram Janssen
            • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
              Message 6 of 10 , May 30 5:43 PM
                Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

                Lilies Beginner's Ball

                Set 1

                Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

                Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

                Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

                Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

                Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

                Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
                be provided

                Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

                set 2

                Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

                Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

                Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
                will be provided.

                Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

                Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
                provided

                Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

                Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

                YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck