Lilies Ball

  • Kat Pogatshnik
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2012
      Here's the ball list and I'm working on getting links to the music. I
      should have them by early next week and I will also see about getting them
      posted to the Lilies website :)

      ~Alessandra

    • Kat Pogatshnik
      Message 2 of 10 , May 25, 2012
        My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
        e-mail.

        Set I:
        Carolingian Pavan
        Gathering Peascods
        Amoroso
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        Horse's Bransle
        Flugente Stella
        Chestnut
        My Lady Cullen

        Set 2:
        Black Alman
        Heart's Ease
        Rosti Boli
        Maltese Bransle
        Gracca Amorosa
        LyBiens Destony
        Candida Luna
        Petit Vriens

        Set 3:
        Candlestick Bransle
        Gelosia
        New Castle
        Madam Sosilia
        Contrapasso in Due
        Confess
        Official Bransle
        Heralds in Love

        Set 4:
        Requests

      • Brenda Knox
        Message 3 of 10 , May 25, 2012
          Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
          need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
          had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
          Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
          this
          Brenda

          Message 4 of 10 , May 25, 2012
            Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
            I'll try to help out as I'm able.

            Looking forward to Lilies!
            HRM Conna

            On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
            > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
            > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
            > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
            > this
            > Brenda
            >
            > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
            > >wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
            > > e-mail.
            > >
            > > Set I:
            > > Carolingian Pavan
            > > Gathering Peascods
            > > Amoroso
            > > Jenny Pluck Pears
            > > Horse's Bransle
            > > Flugente Stella
            > > Chestnut
            > > My Lady Cullen
            > >
            > > Set 2:
            > > Black Alman
            > > Heart's Ease
            > > Rosti Boli
            > > Maltese Bransle
            > > Gracca Amorosa
            > > LyBiens Destony
            > > Candida Luna
            > > Petit Vriens
            > >
            > > Set 3:
            > > Candlestick Bransle
            > > Gelosia
            > > New Castle
            > > Madam Sosilia
            > > Contrapasso in Due
            > > Confess
            > > Official Bransle
            > > Heralds in Love
            > >
            > > Set 4:
            > > Requests

          • Brenda Knox
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25, 2012
              Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
              so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
              two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
              comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
              in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
              actually practice!
              I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
              Thanks,
              Brighid

            • Corros Murphy
              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2012
                Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

                Set 1
                Carolingian Pav
                Horses' Branle
                Petit Vriens
                Hearts Ease
                Le Bens Distonys
                Official Branle
                Rufty Tufty

                set 2
                Jenny Pluck Pears
                Gathering Peascods
                Rosti Boli
                Sellingers Round
                Black Nag
                Pease Bransle
                Gelosia

                This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

                If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

                Many Thanks,

                Wolfram Janssen
              • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
                Message 7 of 10 , May 30, 2012
                  Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

                  Lilies Beginner's Ball

                  Set 1

                  Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

                  Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

                  Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

                  Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

                  Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

                  Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
                  be provided

                  Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

                  set 2

                  Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

                  Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

                  Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
                  will be provided.

                  Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

                  Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
                  provided

                  Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

                  Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

                  YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck