RE: [CalontirDance] chieftains dance list

  • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
      Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it down
      (ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
      seven
      dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually period
      dances (allowing the two ECD to be counted as period). My suggestion would be
      to try to use as many period dances as possible, especially considering that
      it's a ball in honor of Conrad's Laureling (right?). Just my two cents (I
      know
      I'm fighting an uphill battle).

      Katherine

      >===== Original Message From CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com =====
      >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
      >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
      >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
      >Road to the Isle.
      >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
      >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
      >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
      >
      >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
      >
      >Rowan

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Catherine E. Dean
      SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
      deanc@...
      http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
      Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint --JA
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
        Well, I'm still trying to find someone to share a ride with (otherwise I
        have an awfully long drive by myself in a minivan with no money), but we're
        working on a "kirtle" to wear under the houppelande that Conna made me and
        my dance music is all packed. My fingers are usually ready to go. So you
        should have at least Conna and me there.

        katriana
        At 04:55 PM 2/23/01 -0000, you wrote:
        >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
        >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
        >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
        >Road to the Isle.
        >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
        >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
        >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
        >
        >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
        >
        >Rowan

      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
          At 12:04 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
          >Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any
          >dances that don't require hopping?????

          Very few dances "require" hopping. Actually, few dances "require" much
          more than enjoying yourself. Anytime the teacher says "hop", just
          substitute "pause" and smile r-e-a-l big and pretty. Maybe bob on your
          toes briefly for effect. Unless someone specifies differently, we're doing
          social dance, not performance dance and it only works if people get out on
          the floor and socialize :-)

          katriana
          (does it show that I'm working on a new class for Pennsic?)
        • Katriana
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
            At 12:37 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
            >Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it
            down
            >(ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
            >seven
            >dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually
            period
            And let's not forget that we probably aren't doing Road to the Isles
            (though I will have the music and words with me) but Scotland the Brave.

            katriana
            not only out of period, but incorrectly OOP