chieftains dance list

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23 8:55 AM
      Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
      Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
      Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
      Road to the Isle.
      After that we will take requests if there are enough people
      interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
      not sure when we have to be out of the hall).

      This could still change - nothing is set in stone.

      Rowan
    • Phoebe apo Korinthos
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23 10:04 AM
        Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any
        dances that don't require hopping?????

        At 10:55 AM 2/23/2001, you wrote:
        >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
        >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
        >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
        >Road to the Isle.
        >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
        >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
        >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
        >
        >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
        >
        >Rowan

        Mesa ypiresia eis arthro oneiro

        Phoebe apo Korinthos
        i syzygos II apo HL Martinus Draco Byzantios
        Domus Draco Byzantios
        Kolegio Bellewode
        Basileio Calontir

        mka Trudy Monet

        AOL IM Screen Name: MKstmouse
        Yahoo Pager: Kevinstmouse
        ICQ#: 21893812
        Odigo#: 3115965

      • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23 10:37 AM
          Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it down
          (ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
          seven
          dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually period
          dances (allowing the two ECD to be counted as period). My suggestion would be
          to try to use as many period dances as possible, especially considering that
          it's a ball in honor of Conrad's Laureling (right?). Just my two cents (I
          know
          I'm fighting an uphill battle).

          Katherine

          >===== Original Message From CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com =====
          >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
          >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
          >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
          >Road to the Isle.
          >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
          >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
          >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
          >
          >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
          >
          >Rowan

          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
          Catherine E. Dean
          SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
          deanc@...
          http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
          Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint --JA
          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        • Katriana
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23 10:56 AM
            Well, I'm still trying to find someone to share a ride with (otherwise I
            have an awfully long drive by myself in a minivan with no money), but we're
            working on a "kirtle" to wear under the houppelande that Conna made me and
            my dance music is all packed. My fingers are usually ready to go. So you
            should have at least Conna and me there.

            katriana
            At 04:55 PM 2/23/01 -0000, you wrote:
            >Looks like it will be tapes and CDs.
            >Looks like the dance list will be Karobushka, Picking up Sticks,
            >Petit Rienze, Jenny Pluck Pears, Horses Brawl, Mannschaft Pavanne,
            >Road to the Isle.
            >After that we will take requests if there are enough people
            >interested and if the autocrate and site clean-up steward allows (I'm
            >not sure when we have to be out of the hall).
            >
            >This could still change - nothing is set in stone.
            >
            >Rowan

          • Katriana
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 23 11:02 AM
              At 12:04 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
              >Those sound like fun.........too bad I can't dance..........are there any
              >dances that don't require hopping?????

              Very few dances "require" hopping. Actually, few dances "require" much
              more than enjoying yourself. Anytime the teacher says "hop", just
              substitute "pause" and smile r-e-a-l big and pretty. Maybe bob on your
              toes briefly for effect. Unless someone specifies differently, we're doing
              social dance, not performance dance and it only works if people get out on
              the floor and socialize :-)

              katriana
              (does it show that I'm working on a new class for Pennsic?)
            • Katriana
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 23 11:05 AM
                At 12:37 PM 2/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
                >Feel free to ignore me, since I almost certainly won't be able to make it
                down
                >(ah, the joy of being in my last semester of undergrad), but three of the
                >seven
                >dances (Korobushka, Mannschaft, and Road to the Isles) are not actually
                period
                And let's not forget that we probably aren't doing Road to the Isles
                (though I will have the music and words with me) but Scotland the Brave.

                katriana
                not only out of period, but incorrectly OOP