Re: dance music

  • julie.reinitz@uni.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
      --- In CalontirDance@y..., julie.reinitz@u... wrote:
      > Will merchants be available to sell dance tapes at the Regional
      > Practice? I am trying to institute a regular dance practice in our
      > little corner of the universe (Le Grande Tente) and am scrambling to
      > acquire a few good tapes. If not, any suggestions/advice?
      >
      > Thanks for your help. Hope to see you all in a couple wee

      I mean, "weeks"

      ;)
    • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
        Greetings.

        I don't anticipate there being any merchants at the regional dance practice,
        but
        I can suggest a few useful cds that you can order reletively cheaply online.

        The cheapest option is to go to the SCA Music and Dance Page (sorry, I lost my
        book marks, but if you search for SCA Music and Dance Page on Yahoo it should
        pop up). Eric Praetzel and Greg Lindahl have about a dozen copyright free cds
        that they will copy for you for $3 (some of them have a few dollars copyright
        added to that). If you have questions on specific disks I'd be happy to
        answer,
        but in general, all of the non-synth disks are reasonably useful, especially
        for
        a new group.

        If you have a little bit more money to spend, I recommend the Musica
        Subterranea
        cds. They're an SCA band and they've put out two cds, the first (self titled)
        has a fairly basic mixed rep and the second has some more basic dances and
        some
        more advanced ones. I've lent out my cds today, but I'll have them back this
        afternoon and will post a track listing if you'd like, and an e-mail address.
        They run around $15 each (I forget exactly).

        I have other commercial cd recommendations. Let me know if you're interested
        and I'll dig through my cds when I get home this afternoon.

        And of course feel free to track me down at RDP. I"ll be the one running
        around
        like a maniac!

        Katherine

        >===== Original Message From CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com =====
        >--- In CalontirDance@y..., julie.reinitz@u... wrote:
        >> Will merchants be available to sell dance tapes at the Regional
        >> Practice? I am trying to institute a regular dance practice in our
        >> little corner of the universe (Le Grande Tente) and am scrambling to
        >> acquire a few good tapes. If not, any suggestions/advice?
        >>
        >> Thanks for your help. Hope to see you all in a couple wee
        >

        >I mean, "weeks"
        >
        >;)
        >

        >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-~>
        >eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
        >Click here for more details

        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        Catherine E. Dean
        SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
        deanc@...
        http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
        Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint --JA
        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
          Greetings, missed you at Kris Kinder - and no one seemed to know
          who you were.

          I pretty much totally agree with Katherine, but do have some specifics.

          http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/sca-music.html

          >but in general, all of the non-synth disks are reasonably
          >useful, especially for a new group.

          By all means you can order some of the disks, but if you need stuff
          quick and have the right equipment, you can also download and
          record to tape - ask if thats the way you want to go.

          >If you have a little bit more money to spend, I recommend the
          >Musica Subterranea cds.

          I also recommend their discs and can give you their webpage.

          http://www.musicasubterranea.dhs.org/

          I think the first one is better for a wide variety of styles
          and partially due to its existance more of these are done here.

          Though, Katherine, I'm glad to have some music for Dolce Amoroso Fuoco
          now.

          Sadly I won't be at RDP, I'll be at Estrella (hopefully anyway, work is
          being difficult).