Head's Up about a class at Lilies

  • Christopher Mortika
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2011
      Greetings and felicitations from Christian d'Hiver, your servant.

      I just wanted to give folks a head's up: on the first Sunday of Lilies, at
      1:00, there's be a stringed instruments (guitar / mandolin / vihuela di mano
      / lute) practicum workshop. We're going to play music. We might talk about
      the Renaissance guitar, or the cittern, or the lute, or their earlier
      precursors. We might chat about the general rules for playing at a bardic
      circle, or for dance, or in solo performance at an event. Mostly, though,
      we're going to play music. We'll teach one another chords, and how to read
      sheet music, and probably spend some time with tabulature notation. All
      skill levels welcome. No class limit, no fees.

      I'm letting you know this, while you can still pack instruments.

      --In joy and service,
      Christian d'Hiver